AJARA is one of the regions of Georgia and nowadays, the most developing tourist center of the country. Ajara’s potential, its climate and its landscape – an existence of the sea and mountains, a rich nature, a culture and a history give an
opportunity to all the tourism types to grow.
We can get to Ajara by:
Air, marine, railway and road
Nearest international: Batumi, Kutaisi,
Tbilisi, Trabzon (Turkey)
AMAZING SEA DESTINATION ON BLACK SEA COAST:
- Subtropical climate
- Warm sea (average temperature +18 °C)
- 21 km coastline eligible for swimming and sunbathing
- Wide variety of hotels, including worldwide brands
- Active nightlife
RICH CULTURE AND HISTORY
- Ancient fortresses spread throughout the región
- 18 arch stone bridges
- Numerous museums preserving cultural heritage
- Unforgettable shows of Georgian dances accompanied by the sounds of drums, accordions and pipes and filled with vigorous, vibrant men leap in the air contrasting with elegant and graceful women movements.
- Unique and harmonious Georgian Polyphonic Songs –part of UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list
- 4 protected areas:
Mtirala National Park, Kobuleti Protected Areas,
Kintrishi Protected Area, Machakhela National Park
- RURAL TOURISM with excellent opportunity to get
involved in farm life, cattle breeding, bee keeping. Various activities,including: horseback riding, hunting, fishing, camping. Master classes of popular national handicrafts.
- BIRDWATCHING: More then 1 000 000 migrating raptors annually
- Ancient winemaking traditions
- Unique wines produced in Keda: “Kedis Tsolikauri” and “Chkhaveri”
- Exquisite mixture of European and Middle Eastern culinary traditions
- 4-season resort “Goderdzi” in Khulo Municipality
- 2025 metres above sea level
- 2 cable ways
- Wide variety of trails
- Fully equipped accommodation facilities
- Ski resort “Gomarduli” in Shuakhevi Municipality
- 1250 metres above sea level
- Cable way and Ski trail
- Summer Resort Beshumi
- 2000 metres above sea level
- Coniferous Forest
- Ionized, fresh and healthy air
- Currently 6 casinos within upscale hotels
- 8 more casinos- in the end of 2017
MICE TOURISM: Attractive MICE tourism destination:
- Batumi international tourism fair
- Batumi International Building and Design fair
- Batumi agri products and technology fair
- Black Sea International Jazz Festival
- Batumi International Classical Music Festival “Night Serenades”
- Batumi International Art-House Film Festival “BIAFF”
- International Festival of Animated Films “Tofuzi”
- Enjoy the extensive walkways of Batumi Seaside Boulevard.
- Batumi Piazza – beautiful square in Old Batumi with several boutique style hotels and
- cafes –main venue for most famous international events held in Georgia
- Attend an unforgettable dolphin show at Batumi Dophinarium.
- Find plants from 9 floristic sectors at the Batumi Botanical Garden.
- Cable Way “Argo” – one of the most visited tourist attractions giving possibility to enjoy
- wonderful panoramic views on the city and the mountains.
- Find traces of the ancient Romans at Gonio-Apsaros Fortress.